Today I’m bringing you a recipe that is so easy you won’t believe it. Everyone loves Chinese take-out, but with this Honey Garlic Chicken recipe you can save yourself some money by making it at home. This recipe is a definite crowd-pleaser and your family will love you.
This chicken tastes so good y’all, and if I hadn’t stopped myself I would have eaten all of it. The honey garlic sauce is sweet and tangy, and the chicken is breaded to perfection. This recipe uses one key ingredient that gives the chicken that distinctive Chinese restaurant taste.
The first thing you’re going to do is cut some boneless-skinless chicken breasts into chunks. You can then season them with salt and pepper to your taste.
Next you’re going to mix flour, water, salt and baking soda in a bowl. The key ingredient is the baking soda. It makes the breading light, and gives it a distinctive taste that is usually found at Chinese take-out spots.
Then you’re going to dip the chicken breast chunks into the batter, using a spoon to coat all sides.
Finally, you’re going to fry the chicken in vegetable oil until golden, and drain them on some paper towels.
While your chicken is draining, you’ll then make your sauce by combining honey, minced garlic, and soy sauce. Put your chicken in a bowl and toss them with the sauce. If honey and garlic is not your preference, you can eat the chicken as is.
Garnish the chicken with sliced green onions and/or sesame seeds, and serve with a side of rice.
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup water
- Vegetable oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch chunks.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper (to taste). Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and water in a bowl. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Add ½ inch to 1 inch of vegetable oil in a pan and heat on medium.
- Allow oil to get hot, but it should not be smoky.
- Dip the chicken breast chunks into the batter, making sure to coat both sides. Use a spoon to fully coat.
- Fry the chunks in batches, making sure to cook both sides for 1-3 minutes until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a medium saucepan, add the honey, minced garlic, and soy sauce and heat on low for about 5 minutes. Stir periodically.
- Place chicken in a bowl and pour the honey garlic sauce over it.
- Serve with a side of rice, and garnish with sliced green onions.