So I spent all last night updating my website, and I’m super sleepy, but I wanted to share with you this Deep Dish Breakfast Pizza recipe.
I made this last weekend and I literally cannot explain how good this pizza is. Whenever I experiment in the kitchen I like to add a little somethin’ extra to make the meal stand out.
For this Deep Dish Breakfast Pizza recipe I used shredded mozzarella and cheddar, as well as a Double Cheddar cheese sauce. The cheese sauce is what makes this recipe POP, as you will see when you bite into your slice.
All of that cheese, incorporated with some of your favorite breakfast meats, makes this pizza very fulfilling. If you’re on a diet you may want to skip this one. The process to put together and bake this pizza is a little time consuming, but it’s totally worth it.
Besides eggs and cheese, I used breakfast sausage, bacon, and diced tomatoes. So the first thing you’ll want to do is cook and prepare all of your toppings.
Next you’re going to roll out either pizza dough or crescent roll dough into an 8X2 inch pan (I used pizza dough this go round).
Layer in your sausage, cheese sauce, and mozzarella. Then slowly pour the egg on top of those layers. Some of the egg may spill over the edges as mine did, but it should still turn out okay.
You’re going to top everything off with cheddar, bacon and tomatoes, and bake your pizza for 40-45 min at 425F. At about halfway through if you find that your crust is cooking too fast, you can lightly cover the pizza with foil. This prevents the crust from burning.
Your pizza is done when the eggs are set, and the center is a bit firm.
- 1 package of pizza dough or crescent roll dough
- ½ lb (8 oz) of breakfast sausage (I used Tennessee Pride Hot roll sausage)
- 3 slices of bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of diced tomatoes
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons of Ragu Double Cheddar cheese sauce
- Prepare and set aside all of your toppings: Cook sausage until browned and drain on paper towels.
- Cook bacon and crumble after draining on paper towels.
- Shred cheese
- Dice tomatoes
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper (to taste -- If you're using cheese sauce it is already salty so you may not need much salt)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Butter an 8x2 inch pan
- Roll out your dough and place in pan. Work the dough by pressing the sides and bottom to form the crust. Sides should have about a ½ inch edge. Make sure there are no air bubbles, and pinch any seams together to seal.
- Layer in: sausage, cheese sauce, mozzarella.
- Slowly pour in your egg mixture, (Some may run over the edge)
- Top with cheddar, bacon, and tomatoes
- Bake at 425F for 40-45 min until the center is set.
- Halfway through, loosely cover the pan with foil so that the crust won't brown too fast.
- Serve warm.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Follow me on FB, IG, or Pinterest for the latest.