Hey you guys! So the recipe I’m sharing with you today is so impressive and easy to make. If you love cheesecake but you think making it from scratch is intimidating, then you have to try this. I concocted this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cheesecake from a basic no-bake cheesecake recipe, and it’s so delicious. Not only is this cheesecake topped with Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but the crust is made from it as well.
Most no-bake cheesecake recipes require you to refrigerate them overnight, but I was able to freeze this bad boy for 2 hours, and it firmed up perfectly. It’s totally up to you how you want to achieve the firmness of your cheesecake. It will taste great whether you freeze or refrigerate it.
This cheesecake is made from a combination of cream cheese and heavy whipping cream (not to be confused with whipped topping or Cool Whip). So the first thing that I did is totally optional, but I mixed the Cinnamon Toast Crunch into the whipping cream and allowed it to sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes as I prepared everything else.
My goal was to get that “leftover cereal milk” taste happening with my cheesecake. After allowing the cereal to sit in the whipping cream, I then strained out the cereal before using it.
To make the crust for your cheesecake you’re going to crush 4 cups of the Cinnamon Toast Crunch. If you have a food processor you can crush the cereal that way.
I did not, so I poured the cereal into a zip lock bag and used a rolling pin to crush it down. I then mixed the crushed cereal with brown sugar and melted butter.
To form your crust you’re going to press the cereal mixture into the bottom and a little bit up the sides of a springform pan or a pie plate. You then refrigerate the crust and allow it to firm up.
The next step is to beat cream cheese and vanilla extract in a bowl until it becomes soft. Add in the heavy whipping cream and beat some more until it thickens. Last you add in your sugar and cinnamon, beating the mixture well until the consistency is thick.
Now you take your chilled crust and spread the cheesecake mixture on top. If you’re in a hurry like I was you can freeze your cheesecake a couple of hours until it firms up, or you can just set it in the fridge for several hours.
Once your cheesecake is firm, you can remove it from your springform pan and garnish the cheesecake with more Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Look at that crust, its gorgeous!
- 4 cups of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, plus more for flavor and garnish
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream (not whipped topping or Cool Whip)
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 2 (8 oz) packs of cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Optional step: Pour heavy whipping cream into a bowl and stir in a cup of the cereal. Sit in fridge for 30-45 min to allow flavoring to soak into the cream. *Strain cereal from cream before using.*
- To make the crust finely crush 4 cups of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.
- In a bowl stir together crushed cereal, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Press cereal mixture into the bottom and about a half inch up the sides of a springform pan or pie plate.
- Chill crust in refrigerator until firm.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and vanilla.
- Add in heavy whipping cream and beat until thick.
- Mix in sugar and cinnamon and continue to beat until the mixture thickens.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of chilled crust.
- Freeze or refrigerate cheesecake until firm.
- Garnish with additional cereal.
Please give this recipe a try, and if you like it please share it with a friend. Thanks for stopping by!