Hi all! Today I’m sharing with you my Spicy Shrimp and Sausage Boil recipe. This meal is definitely one of my favs, and I’m sure you will love it too. Seafood boils are one of those traditional southern meals where you can prepare anything from shrimp, crab legs, clams, or even crawfish by boiling it in a variety of spices, veggies and other ingredients.
For my recipe I am using shrimp of course, smoked sausage, red potatoes, and corn. It’s really hard for me to describe how delicious this meal is. But the first thing that you must know is that this particular recipe is super spicy. If that’s your thing then please give it a try. Trust me when you make this it will not last long in your household, so be prepared LOL.
What you’re going to need to make this recipe is Louisiana Crawfish Shrimp & Crab Boil. There are plenty of boil seasonings on the market, but I feel this one is the best. The last time I made this meal I used a different brand and it just wasn’t the same. I live in the south so I was able to find this seasoning pretty easily, but if your local store doesn’t have it you can purchase some from Amazon –http://amzn.to/1cZLPGu.The last time I was at the store I made sure to stock up.
First things first, prep all of your ingredients. I used mini corn on the cob, red potatoes, hot smoked sausage, and some shrimp. I chose to leave the shell on the shrimp but you can remove them.
Next you’re going to fill up a tall pot about half way with water. Add in your Louisiana seasoning, onions, minced garlic, lemons, butter, and some salt to taste. Bring the water to a boil and then you’re going to start adding in everything else one by one.
The first thing to go in are the potatoes, next the sausage, corn, and last the shrimp.
After everything is done I like to squeeze more lemon juice on top, then pour on some melted butter. Lastly I like to sprinkle on a little Old Bay seasoning and some parsley flakes.
This meal is soooo much easier than it looks, and your family will love you for making it. Just prepare to make it often, this is my 2nd time having it this week!
- ⅓ cup of Louisiana Crawfish and Shrimp Boil seasoning
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of minced Garlic
- 2 lemons, halved
- 6 red potatoes, quartered
- 1.5 lbs of smoked sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 6 mini ears of corn
- 1.5 lbs of large shrimp (optional: season them with garlic powder)
- 1½ sticks of butter (3/4 cup or 6 oz)
- Mrs. Dash onion & herb seasoning
- Old Bay seasoning
- parsley flakes
- Fill a stockpot with enough water to cover all of your ingredients. (A little less than half way full.)
- Add in Louisiana seasoning, chopped onions, minced garlic, and half a stick of butter.
- Squeeze the juice from two halves of the lemons into the pot, and add in those halves.
- Add salt to taste.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add in potatoes and cook until they are tender. About 30 minutes
- Add in another half stick of butter to the pot.
- Add the sausage and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Next add in the corn and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Finally add in the shrimp and cook until they turn pink for about 4 minutes.
- Season the entire pot with Mrs. Dash.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the contents of the pot to a bowl or platter.
- Squeeze juice from the remaining lemon halves over the platter.
- Melt a half stick of butter and pour over the platter, then sprinkle with Old Bay and parsley flakes.