Hi guys! I haven’t posted anything in a few weeks, however behind the scenes I have been playing around with different recipes trying to perfect them so I can share with you all. The recipe I’m bringing to you today is a copycat version of Cheesecake Factory’s Buffalo Blasts.
These are really pretty simple to make. You are going to take wonton wrappers, fill them with a chicken, cheese, and buffalo sauce mixture. Next you brush these babies with egg, dip them in flour and spices. Lastly you deep fry them. That’s it.
The biggest obstacle I ran into was making sure not to overstuff the wontons with the chicken, since they are really pretty small. Also, you’ll need to have a delicate hand while you are pressing the edges of the wonton wrappers together, since they are so thin and easy to tear.
This recipe is a great appetizer or game day snack. I served these with a mixture of buffalo sauce and blue cheese, which was awesome.
Though these are freaking delicious, I had to force myself to only eat a few. 🙁
- 18-20 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup of shredded chicken, seasoned to taste
- ½ cup of Mexican blend shredded cheese
- ½ cup of Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- vegetable oil, for frying
- In a bowl mix shredded chicken, cheese, and buffalo sauce.
- Lay wontons on a flat surface and place about a tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the middle of each wrapper.
- Dip your finger in water and moisten the edges of each wonton.
- Fold one edge of the wrapper down, and press edges together to seal.
- Mix flour with seasonings in a shallow dish.
- Brush wontons with egg on both sides, then dip into the flour. Make sure to coat both sides well with the flour.
- In a deep pan or fryer, heat oil to 350F.
- Fry wontons in batches for about 1-3 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Drain wontons on paper towels.
- Serve hot with a side of blue cheese or buffalo sauce.
Give this simple recipe for Crispy Buffalo Wontons a try, and please give me a shout if you do.
P.S. This year is really flying by, it’s already my 6 month blogiversary! If you’re reading this or keeping up with my blog I appreciate you!