The brookie is one of those decadent desserts that totally fulfills your chocolate cravings. You have the rich texture of a brownie combined with a chewy and flavorful chocolate chip cookie.
Recently I decided to make brookies using some leftover chocolate chip cookie dough that I had in the fridge, and combine it with my favorite brownie mix.
First things first pre-heat your oven to 350F and prepare a 9 by 13 inch baking pan by coating it with non-stick cooking spray.
You will need to follow the directions on your brownie mix, but instead of using water and vegetable oil you’re going to use milk and melted butter. You’ll also put in a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
When using melted butter you want to make sure that the butter isn’t super hot so that when you add in your egg it doesn’t cook. No one wants scrambled eggs in their brownies.
The brownie mix that I used came with chocolate syrup, so I added that into the mix as well as some chopped walnuts.
When your brownie batter is all mixed you’re going to spread the batter in your baking pan.
Next you’re going to take spoonfuls of the cookie dough and drop it on top of the brownie batter.
Don’t worry about it being perfect. Bake the brownies for 30 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
These brownies are very soft, so allow them to to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before you cut them.
Serve with a big glass of milk and enjoy!
- Brownie mix
- Melted Butter
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chip cookie dough
- Optional: chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray
- Prepare brownie mix as directed, but replace water with milk, and vegetable oil for melted butter.
- Add in vanilla extract to mixture,and chopped walnuts if preferred.
- Spread brownie batter into prepared baking pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough on top of brownie batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Allow brookies to cool in pan for 30 minutes before cutting.