Some time ago on Instagram I posted a quick recipe for the Ultimate Grilled Cheese sandwich. Today I decided to see how a quesadilla version of this sandwich would taste. I made this Ultimate Cheesy Quesadilla by mixing shredded cheese, sour cream, cream cheese and a few spices to kick it up. I then cut the quesadillas into wedges and served them with my favorite salsa.
Quesadillas are a favorite of mine because there are sooo many different ways you can make them. I like adding in some chorizo, shredded chicken or even ground beef. Although today I chose to keep the ingredients simple, these quesadillas are packed with flavor. Check out this super easy and delicious recipe.
- ½ package (4 oz) of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- ⅛ teaspoon of cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon of onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 4-6 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- In a bowl mix sour cream and cream cheese.
- Stir in seasonings and shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Melt about a teaspoon of butter in a skillet over low heat and add a tortilla.
- Spread about two spoonfuls of the cheese mixture on one side of the tortilla.
- When cheese begins to melt and the bottom is brown, fold the other side of the tortilla over and press gently with spatula.
- Remove quesadilla from skillet and repeat with remaining tortillas and cheese mixture.
- Cut into fourths and serve hot with a side of salsa.
- You may need to reduce the heat as you continue to make the quesadillas, so the next one won't cook too fast.