Hi all! So today I’m sharing my first official YouTube tutorial. I’ve been feeling everything Fall related lately so I decided to make these decadent Pecan Pie Cookies with Caramel Drizzle.
I first want to say hats off to anyone that is a YouTube blogger, because filming and editing videos takes a lot of energy and work. So kudos to you! Making my first video had its ups and downs, but I have learned so much in a short amount of time and I definitely plan to get my YouTube channel popping.
Pecan Pie is a southern dessert that is popular around this time of the year. So I thought it would be interesting to try it in cookie form. The recipe for the cookie dough is pretty basic, and the pecan filling is delicious, but what makes these cookies really stand out is the caramel drizzle. Things can get a little messy when you’re dealing with caramel, but it really makes these cookies that much more addictive.
Check out my video below where I show you how to make Pecan Pie Cookies with Caramel Drizzle. You’ll also get a glimpse of me stuffing my face LOL. I was sooo nervous y’all, but I promise to loosen up as I make more and more videos.
- COOKIE DOUGH
- 2½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of real butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup of shortening
- 1½ cups of firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 ounces of caramel candies
- 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and shortening until creamy.
- Add in brown sugar and vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add flour mixture, and beat slowly to incorporate, then beat to blend well.
- REFRIGERATE DOUGH FOR AT LEAST ONE HOUR
- To make pecan filling, combine chopped pecans, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Drop cookie dough in 1½ tablespoon portions about 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Use your thumb to make an indentation in each cookie, and fill it with about one teaspoon of pecan filling.
- Bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes in a preheated 350F oven until they are lightly browned.
- BEFORE the cookies cool completely, add on more pecan filling to middle of cookie.
- To make caramel drizzle, combine caramel candies and heavy whipping cream in a small bowl.
- Heat caramel mixture in a microwave at 20 second intervals and stir until the mixture is smooth. (Reheat caramel if necessary.)
- Allow cookies to cool completely, and drizzle caramel on top.