Brownie batter topped with graham cracker cookie dough, baked to perfection, then drizzled with marshmallow glaze and garnished with mini chocolate chips.
There’s nothing like a good cookie-dough brownie, and to go along with the Fall season, I decided to try making a S’mores version. For this recipe you will start off making the cookie dough which incorporates graham cracker crumbs.
Next, you drop spoonfuls of the dough onto your favorite box mix brownie batter (there is one ingredient change that makes the brownies a bit more moist).
These brownies are topped off with a marshmallow glaze, that I actually had some trouble with 🙁 I have modified the glaze recipe so you won’t run into the same problems that I did.
Mini chocolate chips are a very nice touch. Try to keep them refrigerated as long as possible, because I ended up leaving them out on my counter and a quarter of the bag melted.
- - Cookie dough -
- ¾ cup of butter, softened
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- - Brownie batter -
- Brownie Mix
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- - Topping -
- ½ cup of marshmallow fluff
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Blend in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and graham cracker crumbs.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed, but replace water with milk and add vanilla extract.
- Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread brownie batter into prepared baking pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough on top of brownie batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- For the marshmallow glaze: warm 2 tablespoons of milk, whisk into marshmallow fluff.
- Top brownies with glaze and mini chocolate chips.
This S’mores brownies recipe is easy to make, and full of chocolate decadence rounded off by the mild sweetness of graham crackers. Check out my video tutorial: