I loveeee a good dip, the cheesier the better. This Ground Turkey Queso Dip can be made in no time, and it’s a perfect appetizer to kick off your Super Bowl party.
I..ahem..borrowed this cheese dip idea from my Father in-law. He makes a delicious version of this dip without the meat, and lets his crock pot do all the work. I have yet to purchase a crock pot, so I went ahead and melted my cheese on the stove. I also added in taco seasoned ground turkey and Mexican hot sauce to kick it up a notch. The results are epic. Make sure you check out my quick video tutorial, which is currently my favorite vid that I’ve made so far.
- 1lb of ground turkey
- taco seasoning
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 1 cup of milk (I used evaporated)
- 32 oz of Mexican Velveeta cheese, sliced into cubes
- 8 - 16 oz of salsa
- 7 oz of green chiles
- Add taco seasoning to ground turkey.
- Cook and stir ground turkey in a pan until browned.
- Dice velveeta into cubes and set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan, add in milk.
- Lower heat and add in velveeta. Stir until melted.
- Add in salsa, green chiles, and cooked ground turkey. Stir until blended.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.